In partnership with Mason's Office of University Counsel, Creative Services reviews and approves requests for a third-party to use Mason's logo.
What is an Admin 1130 review?
Are you working with other sponsors to put on an event? Has a third-party organization expressed interest in collaborating for a speaker series or initiative? In these cases and more, your partners may request to use the Mason logo on their marketing materials. All organizations external to Mason (third-parties) must receive prior approval from Creative Services to use the Mason logo.
What projects should I submit for review?
- Any request from an organization outside George Mason University to use the Mason logo, unit logo, or other trademarked graphic
- Any contract with an outside organization that includes Mason name or logo use
How do I submit a request for review?
To request a review, send an email to email@example.com and include "Admin 1130" in the subject line. Allow three business days for us to review your materials and provide feedback.
Please include the follow information
- Specific information on how the Mason logo would be used
- Where will the logo be placed?
- How long will the organization be displaying the logo?
- Will the Mason logo be used alone or paired with other marks?
- How Mason is connected to the project/outside organization (vendor, partner, sponsor, etc.)
- If applicable, please attach the contract or original written request
Where can I find more information?
The full policy is available on the university's policy website, Use of the University’s Trademarks.
Still have questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.